Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Planning the departure

Seems like we have plans for tomorrow morning. The following is an email exchange this afternoon (it's also evidence of how we'll kill each other before we make it to Cleveland):

J: [to Bruno:] I thought you didn't want to plan anything out.  You freaked out every time I mentioned a plan about the time change in Cleveland.  So I'm not surprised that you don't remember.  If we leave by 4am CST, we can get there by 4pm CST or 5pm EST.  The game is at 7pm EST.  This gives us time to check into the hotel and a little lag time in traveling.

T: Wow, so we're leaving at 4AM?  I can drive the morning shift, as long as you guys don't mind if I fall asleep and kill us all.

J: That's hilarious... You usually get up that early, so I think you will be taking the morning shift.

T: I warn you now, if you make me drive the morning shift, there's no way I'm going to let you two sleep during that time.

B: Not to worry. JT will keep you company.

T: I guarantee you, I will not let you sleep, Pieroni.  Zero chance. Every time you close your eyes, I'm going to punch you in the face.

B: Dude, if I'm driving and I close my eyes, I hope that's exactly what you do.

T: No, no, you don't understand.  I'm talking about when you're not driving and you're trying to sleep.

B: I get it. Then no, in that case you can't.

T: See, I'm not asking for your permission.  I'm telling you that's what is going to happen if you try to sleep tomorrow morning.

B: Oh, I see. Still, no.

T: No what?  You do realize that the person trying to keep the other person from sleeping has a serious advantage over the person trying to sleep, right?

B: Yes. Punch JT, then. He'll be riding shotgun and you won't have to reach all the way into the backseat to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home