Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The Countdown Begins

JT: So I have all the tickets, except for the Royals. (Yes Ticket Master did send me the deleted tickets)
Two Issues:
How many tickets do we want to get for the Royals game? The more I think about it, the more I just want it to be the three of us ending the journey ("...and I'm forever yours...faithfully") together. It’s an unsaid rule that no girl’s are allowed to go to the games with us, and I think this applies to the Kansas City game too. This is not because I don’t like girls because I do, but this trip signifies something bigger than girls. It signifies an obsession with America’s game, ballparks, stupidity-driven young adults making one last run at being completely irresponsible, senseless purpose, irrational goals, and mostly friendship.
We need to start ramping everything up. Hammer out a driving plan, make signs, contact media (Bruno), and plan extracurricular activities in each city. We only have 13.5 days until the trip.

B: Yeah. As far as I'm concerned, yes, three tix. We can meet up with whoever else wants to celebrate the fact that we didn't kill ourselves later.
Now, I didn't know this trip signified so much. I just wanted it to be something casual. Wait. Flashback. Ok. And as for "one last run at being completely irresponsible"... I hope it's not the last run. After all, I still have two bottles of tequila I brought from Mexico that should last us at least a few last runs at being completely irresponsible. Or at senseless purpose. Whichever one.
Also, can we please quit with the Journey references? It kills me enough that Troy has to belt out "Hotblooded" every time someone mentions the word "foreigner."

T: "Check it and see... I gotta fever of a hundred and three... come on baby, can you do more than dance? I'm hot blooded, hot blooded."

And actually, I do a damn good version of "Cold As Ice" and "Jukebox Hero" as well.

B: You should have done one on Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home