Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Kiss Cam

T: Okay, so we all headed out on Friday night to Kaufmann Stadium, which incidentally is still a beautiful park, for the Royals versus the Tigers. The Royals, like most major league teams, try a lot of different things to keep the fans entertained during a game. This is probably more important for the Royals, as the on-the-field product is so bad that the focus needs to be taken away from the actual purpose of being there. That brings us to the "Kiss Cam", a wonderful invention that forces people to kiss through public humiliation, although it's not been such a great invention for one guy. Anyway, there were all kinds of people gettin' busy Friday night for all 30,000 attending fans to see, but unfortunately Bruno wasn't one of them...



JT: What you don't see is when Bruno leans over and tries to kiss me about 5 seconds after you cut the video.

B: I was excited mustard won the hot dog race. I'll contain myself next time.

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are the times that most of the brazilian people are correct in saying that baseball is boring... A kiss cam to entertain the crowd during a game?

That makes me remember the day that Homer Simpson watched a baseball game without a beer, and found out it sucked...

PS: Sorry for the bad english...

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger JT said...

Marcio-
Thanks for leaving a comment. You're English was perfect, no need to apologize.

The great thing about baseball is that there is time for something like the "Kiss Cam" in between innings, when the game isn't being played.

I always thought someone who didn't grow up around baseball would always find it boring. So I guess my question to Bruno is - When did you start to like Baseball and why?

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm not one of the brazilians that think baseball is boring. I like it. And I understand the rules. And I hate the Yankees.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Bruno said...

see? he knows the most important thing about major league baseball -- always hate the yankees!

JT: I think Troy explained why I enjoy the experience of being at a baseball game. you can be having a conversation and watching the game at the same time. yes, it's a lot more social than any other sport.

I do like the fact that there are key moments that are really thrilling. a full count with bases loaded at the bottom of the ninth, for example. then you stop whatever you're doing. it seems like these moments come pretty often in baseball. more often than a 4th and goal, or a shootout in soccer, it seems.

Of course, Troy failed to mention the hot dog races.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home